BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying, MRICS, MA (Distinction) Construction Project Management
Martyn is an Associate at Poole Dick. Martyn’s professional journey began when he joined us in 2010 as a Trainee Quantity Surveyor, having worked in the industry prior to this in various roles since leaving school in 2005.
Martyn gained his MRICS Chartered status with the RICS in 2019 and also holds a First Class Honours Degree in Quantity Surveying, which was awarded in 2015 by the University of Salford. Furthermore, Martyn now has a Masters Degree in Construction Project Management, completed in May 2022, also at Salford.
Martyn is a hardworking, diligent, and organised individual with a talent for team leadership. Martyn enjoys helping his colleagues and currently acts as an APC Supervisor: assisting his colleagues in completion of their own Assessment of Professional Competence to gain professional chartership through the RICS.
Since 2010, Martyn has gained considerable experience on projects ranging from £10K to £21M, including:
- Lidl – store modernisation projects
- Keele University – new build student accommodation
- Keele Hotel Developments – their new ‘Courtyard by Marriott’ hotel
- Various Elderly Living, luxury (private) and social housing projects
- Education and heritage projects for local councils
- Project Management
- Employer’s Agent/Contract Administrator
- Cost Management
- Project Monitoring/Purchasers Agent
- Senior Living
- Student Accommodation
- Hotel & Leisure
- Refurbishment and Maintenance
Outside of Work
In his spare time, Martyn enjoys spending time with his family and young children, Isla and Stanley.
Martyn’s main hobbies include football (watching rather than playing these days!), having previously played to a good level at school, as well as boxing. He has recently taken up golf too.
Martyn was also Junior Motocross Champion up to the age of 11!