Peachment Place Extra Care, BurySenior Living
Completed in October 2018, the £8.6m Peachment Place is a 60 bed extra care facility.
Issues successfully managed and resolved included the below:
- Transfer of the scheme following the appointment of a contractor from Six Town Housing to Bury Council, including the liaison with Procure Plus.
- Substation location having regard for potential further site developments.
- Change of care package provision, resulting in changes to access and warden call systems and fire alarm strategy.
- Coordination of the late appointment of the interior designer, to ensure consistency and avoid conflict with what had been specified by the Architect and Service Consultant.
- Investigation of the metering strategy to ensure the end user can manage their bills.
Peachment Place comprises the construction of 60 one and two bedroom affordable rent apartments with ancillary communal spaces, including: staff facilities such as offices, staff changing, sleep over facilities, meeting rooms and a number of shared resident/community facilities. These comprise a multi-purpose room, communal lounge, hair and beauty salon, scooter store, commercial kitchen, bistro and luxury spa bathroom.
The name was chosen by local residents after they heard the story of George Peachment.
George was a rifleman in the King’s Royal Rifle Corps. Born in Parkhills, Fishpool on 5th May 1897. George enlisted at the age of 17, falsely giving his age as 19. His battalion was posted to France on 27th July 1915.
During heavy fighting in Hulloch on 25th September, the front line had to retire to re-organise. Rifleman Peachment saw his commanding officer Captain Dubs lying wounded. Peachment crawled to his captain and administered first aid even though injured himself by bomb shrapnel. A minute later he was fatally wounded by a rifle bullet.
George Peachment was posthumously awarded the Victoria Cross for his bravery and actions, which was presented to his mother Mary in 1916 by King George V at Buckingham Palace.
- Employer’s Agent
- Quantity Surveyors
- CDM Principal Designer.